Senior Nutrition Institute
January 18 and 19 | Florida
Supported by the Walmart Foundation
Main | Stipend Application Information | Agenda & Course Descriptions
Supported by the Walmart Foundation, the Senior Nutrition Institute is a one and one-half day program focused on the latest trends in food delivery systems, consumer-directed care, screening and prioritizing clients and business planning.
Courses in this Institute provide a high level of discussion and interaction with your peers and the presenters. Class size is capped to ensure all participants have the opportunity to contribute their experiences and create practical plans and next steps tailored to their program’s needs.
Session topics include:
• Surviving a Changing Environment
• Business Planning
• Screening and Prioritizing Clients for Nutrition Risks
• Menu Planning for Customer Satisfaction
• Designing Food Delivery Systems
Sessions will be taught by expert faculty, including:
• Robert J. (Bob) Kollar, MA, CPA, director of the Master of Accountancy Program at Duquesne University
• Audrey McCool, EdD, RD, LD, professor emeritus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas
• Nadine Sahyoun, PhD, RD, associate professor at the University of Maryland
• Linda Netterville, MA, RD, LD, MOWAA's Vice President for Grants Management
Wednesday, January 18 at 12:30 p.m. through Thursday, January 19 at 5:30 p.m.
Location: Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel - Orlando, FL
5445 Forbes Place. Orlando, FL 32812
Room Block / Reservations:
Attendees of this Institute should make their own room reservations directly with Marriott reservations.
By telephone: Call 1-800-545-1985 or 407-240-1000. Make sure you mention the MOWAA Room Block.
To receive a discounted room rate of $124/night (plus applicable taxes), you must make your reservations prior to January 2, 2012.
We ask that all attendees planning to stay at the event hotel make their own room reservations and guarantee the reservation with a major credit card. If you do not arrive and if the guaranteed reservation is not cancelled, you will be responsible for that night's room rate and all taxes.
For stipend award recipients only: Please make your hotel reservations as directed above. If you attend the Institute and stay at the hotel, MOWAA will pay the hotel directly for all approved room nights.
Registration Fees: You must register before December 23 to guarantee your spot.
$249 for MOWAA Members / $299 for non-Members / $124.50 for stipend recipients
The registration fee includes full participation in the 1-1/2 day program, all course materials, and two meals (Thursday breakfast and lunch).
Education Funding Opportunity (Applications are Closed)
To ensure that the MOWAA Members most in need of training are able to attend, we are providing a number of stipends to help cover travel and tuition costs. Applications must be received by December 7. Awards will be announced December 12.
Any MOWAA Member in good standing is eligible to apply for an education stipend that will cover:
• 50% of tuition costs
• 1 or 2 nights hotel lodging (depending on distance travelled)
• Up to $325 in documented travel expenses
If you are awarded an education grant to attend the Senior Nutrition Institute, you will be required to:
• Pay 50% of the tuition costs ($124.50) by December 23.
• Provide timely documentation of transportation and travel expenses for which you are seeking reimbursement.
• Attend all Institute courses on January 18 & 19.