Kurt Warner's Lobster Pasta Salad
We always eat dinner together as a family. That’s one rule that’s rarely broken. If the kids want to have dinner with their friends, they’re welcome to bring them here. But they all have to be home for dinner. Dinner comes with lots of rules, such as no one may get up from the table until the last person is done eating. It’s our way of telling the kids that each one is as important as all the others, and nothing is more important than our family time.
- 6 oz. orecchiette or small shells
- 2 cups lobster meat, cut into bite-sized chunks (Two 1 1/4 lb. lobsters or 1 and 1/3 can frozen meat)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, including tender green tops
- 2 T chopped fresh tarragon or 2 tsp dried tarragon, crumbled
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 T tarragon vinegar
Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package for al dente. Drain in a colander and rinse briefly under cold water. Drain completely and set aside.
For the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the ingredients together in order (salt and pepper to taste).
Place the pasta in a large bowl and add the remaining salad ingredients. Toss together gently. Pour the dressing over the mixture and toss again gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours. If you refrigerate the salad for 8 hours or more, add a small amount of mayonnaise. Serve chilled and enjoy!