2012 MOWAA ANNUAL CONFERENCE AND COMMON GOODS EXPO
August 22 – August 24, 2012
Gaylord National Harbor Hotel, near Washington, D.C.
- 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 – Pre-Conference Course: Business Planning for MOWAA Programs (Pre-registration required)
- 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 – the Conference program opens with a dynamic keynote speaker in the Opening Session.
- 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 – Cherry Blossom Riverboat Cruise on the Potomac.
- 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 23 – Perspectives on Nutrition and Aging: A National Summit – Conference registration includes admission to this special summit, hosted by MOWAA in our role as the AoA-MOWAA National Resource Center on Nutrition and Aging.
- 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 23 – Common Goods Expo and happy hour (with cash bar).
- 8:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Friday, August 24 – Sessions resume and continue through the official close of the Conference at 5:30 p.m.
- View the full Agenda-at-a-Glance
As we look into the future, we see extraordinary challenges ahead – but we also see extraordinary opportunities for action and innovation. Already facing the leading edge of the “silver tsunami,” Meals On Wheels programs will want to be ready to meet unprecedented increases in the need for services, adapt to serve the unique needs of culturally, ethnically and generationally diverse populations and survive in an increasingly competitive environment.
At the 2012 MOWAA Annual Conference and National Summit you will:
Network with Senior Nutrition Program leaders from around the country.
Exchange ideas, solutions and resources with your peers and others in and beyond the aging network.
Build your professional skills and knowledge through targeted education courses.
Work and learn together to develop action steps to raise awareness, raise funds, provide nutritious meals and serve more seniors in your community.
Download the Conference brochure. (PDF)
New Perspectives – And a Very Special Event
This year, as we celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the inclusion of Nutrition Programs in the Older Americans Act and reflect on the past history of Senior Nutrition Programs, it is more important than ever to work together to build a new vision of the future.
Perspectives on Nutrition and Aging: A National Summit, sponsored by the AoA-MOWAA National Resource Center on Nutrition and Aging, will bring together a broad array of the most innovative and future-focused thinkers and do-ers from all levels of the aging network, as well as policymakers, industry leaders, academics and the general public. All registrants of the MOWAA Annual Conference are invited to participate in this unique event.